U.S. Navy Band Commodores, the Navy’s premier jazz ensemble. Tickets are free but are required for admission. Tickets are available at the School of Music Box Office, Suite 120, Ed Landreth Hall.
The School of Music primarily is housed in TCU’s Ed Landreth Hall and the Mary D. and F. Howard Walsh Center for Performing Arts. Ed Landreth Hall contains teaching, practice, and rehearsal facilities as well as a 1200-seat auditorium with superb acoustics. Numerous pianos, many of them grands (Texas’ first All-Steinway School); four pipe organs; two harpsichords; a clavichord; a collection of Renaissance instruments; the Upchurch studio for Electro-Acoustic Music; and other instrumental collections serve the School.
The Mary D. and F. Howard Walsh Center for Performing Arts houses a superb 325-seat recital hall of unprecedented design with outstanding acoustics (PepsiCo Recital Hall), an instrumental rehearsal hall, a choral rehearsal hall, and a piano wing furnished exclusively with Steinway pianos that includes teaching studios, practice rooms, and an electronic piano laboratory.
A large, comprehensive music library complete with recordings, reference books, texts, scores, and listening rooms is housed in the Mary Couts Burnett Library, with other School of Music programs housed in Jarvis Hall, Music Building South, Foster Hall, and Waits Hall.